Hey everyone! Today we’ve got the Blogger Recognition Award! This was the first award our blog was nominated for and we are so very grateful. We would like to give a huge huge shoutout to Angelina and Jessica over at MyCrazyReadingObsession and Kenzie at BookishThingsAndTea for nominating us for this award! Thank you so much girls! Both of these blogs are AWESOME and definitely some favourites of ours! Go check them out!!!!
The rules for this award are:
- Select 15 other blogs to give the award to. You might have to do some searching, but you can find those blogs. You can’t nominate yourself or the person who nominated you.
- Make a post to show off your award! Talk about how your blog got started and give some advice to the other bloggers out there. And share the fancy picture!
- Comment on each blog to let the blogger know that you have nominated them.
- Link to the original post at Edge of Night that way anyway can find the original guidelines and such.
How This Blog Got Started
A couple of years ago, we came across the magical world of BookTube. We’d spend most of our free time watching videos including reviews, hauls, and book discussions. I guess you could say that we inspired by BookTubers to create our blog. We actually wanted to make a YouTube channel at first, but we were too frightened of making one. (For some reason making a YouTube channel seems much more daunting than making a book blog.)
We heard about the Reader Reviewing Panel for lovereading.com though our friend and fellow bookworm Nia, and started writing reviews for books that hadn’t been released yet, and honestly we both felt as though it was the best thing ever. We then started to follow more and more book blogs and it wasn’t long till we were brainstorming names for our own book blog! We were already writing reviews for lovereading.com and we soon came to realise that 300 word reviews were not enough at all to vent out about our feelings of the books.
We soon went on to post our first post and post our own reviews and hauls, we’ve opened a twitter account and we’ve taken part in twitter chats and the Blogolympics, and it’s probably been the best experience ever. We’ve met so many new, amazing and talented people and made so many new friends. Joining the blogging community was one of the best decisions we’ve ever made, AAAAH WE LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH.
Advice to Other Bloggers
- Start a blog with someone else!
- Read and comment on other blogs. This is a great way to stay up to date with all book-related news and meet other bloggers!
- Don’t feel pressurised to read all the new releases. Read what you want!
- Create a twitter account for your blog. Twitter is another great way to meet other bloggers, and take part in twitter chats – They are SO FUN.
- Have a schedule to when you post (we are really bad at posting frequently, so maybe we should take our own advice!)
Honestly we aren’t the best bloggers in the world, and maybe we don’t post as much as we should, but don’t forget to have fun in the process! You have obviously created a blog because you are passionate about something so have fun with it, and make friends with people who share your passion while doing so!
Now for the fun part! Here are all our nominations:
- An Overthinking Teenager @ Books, Tea and a Onesie
- Aentee @ Read At Midnight
- Pip @ PipSqueak
- Fantasy Angel @ Avid Reader
- The girls @ The Feministas
- Elly @ A Hufflepuff’s Thoughts
- Kayleigh @ Miserable and Magical
- Emalie @ BookGatherer
- Sincerely, A Book Nerd
- Kristin @ SimplyBookishThings
- Sushmita @ FerventlyCurious
- Erika @ Erika Reads
- Emily @ Always Opinionated Girl
- Pearl @ Bibliopearl
- Lissa @ Joysofbookworms
Thank you for reading everyone! I hope you have a wonderful day!
Ayesha and Monisah xx